helicalpartners.com (“the Website”) is owned and operated by Helical Capital Partners. This policy explains how helicalpartners.com may use information we collect about you, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you.
1. Information we collect about you
We collect information about you when you:
• visit the Helical Capital Partners website
• submit a contact us form
2. Using your information
Collecting your personal information helps helicalpartners.com better understand what you need from us. We use your information to:
• contact or identify you
• manage and improve the Website
In order to comply with POPI, we use a system of classifying the different types of cookies that we use on the Website, or that may be dropped by third parties through our Website . The classification explains more about which cookies we use, why we use them, and the functionality you will lose if you decide you don’t want to have them on your device.
4. What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information that are downloaded to your personal computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. Persistent cookies – these cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie – and are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie. Session cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted. Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
5. Cookies used on the website
A list of the cookies used on the Website by category is set out below:
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features. For these types of cookies that are strictly necessary, no consent is required.
These cookies collect anonymous information on the pages visited. By using the Website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. These cookies collect information about how visitors use the Website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the Website works.
These cookies remember choices you make to improve your experience. By using the Website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. These cookies allow the Website to remember choices you make (where you dropped off while surfing the site etc.) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Targeting or advertising cookies
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
6. Using browser settings to manage cookies
The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. You can also disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as flash cookies, by changing the add-ons settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer. Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. However, blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
7. Disclosing your information
We will never disclose your information to anyone outside of Helical Capital Partners, except where we have your consent; or where we are required or permitted to do so by law; to other companies who provide a service to us ; or any successors in title to our business. We value your trust in providing us your personal information, thus, we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
9. Accessing your information
To obtain a copy of the information we hold about you, write to email@example.com
10. Changes to our policy
11. Contacting us
If you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Helical Capital Partners may during the course of your use of helicalpartners.com electronically collect, store and use your personal information this could include your gender, country of residence, non-personal browsing habits and click patterns, e-mail address and IP address. This will be for internal use only.
Helical Capital Partners will do all that is commercially reasonable to protect such personal information from unauthorised use or disclosure. You hereby agree that you have the choice as to whether to provide any personal information on this website.
Google analytics, display advertising and remarketing
• The Google Analytics features implemented on the Helical Capital Partners website is based on Display Advertising (e.g. Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting).
• Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings.
• Helical Capital Partners will not facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information previously collected from Display Advertising features that is based on the DoubleClick cookie unless robust notice of, and the user’s prior affirmative (i.e. opt-in) consent to, that merger is given.
• Helical Capital Partners also uses Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. This means that third-party vendors, including Google, show your ads on sites across the internet.
• Helical Capital Partners and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to your website.
• Remarketing is used to exclusively market Helical Capital Partners products to prospective clients that have either showed a declared interest in Helical Capital Partners ’s service offering or may have interests related to the services.
• Our ads will appear to target users when visiting participating display sites available to us with third party vendors such as Google.
• Cookies are used to identify an IP address and remarket relevant advertising material to interested parties.
• Opting out of this programme with Google is possible at the Ads Preferences Manager.